Task_5_Model_Week_6

Model completed. I look back at my model and the process of creating it and tried to figure out what I liked about making a complex model like this, and what I didn’t like.

The model as a whole is most probably the best that I could have made, with the skills I currently possess and keeping it within the triangle limit of 4000 triangles. I am proud of what I have made and by making all my other models, I noticed that I faster at making this model. It would suggest that I’m starting to think faster about the shape of models and how it can look in 3D. This makes me eager to create future models and to progress my skills so that I can create more High-quality models in the future.

I managed to make the entire model out of only 1 primitive cube model and from that cube, I managed to extrude and size faces, edges and vertices to bend the model and form the shape of my model. This wasn’t easy to do and required me to think about the shape and where I needed to add in edge loops to form it. It took some practice but I wanted to try something different as I usually make a model from multiple shapes to create one shape. This would also make it easier for smoothing but there was a problem with that when it came to making the turbines. To make those turbines, I decide that the easiest thing to do was to Boolean the holes out of the shape. This cause major problems for smoothing resulting in me not being able to use that tool. Yet I needed to keep under the 4000 triangle mark so I went with the Boolean in the end.

A problem with the whole model was the lack of detail. Because I was very close to the triangle count, I wasn’t able to add in much detail. This was annoying but I did find a solution. I knew that in Substance Painter that you could use Alphas and height tp paint on detail. So I decided to use this when I got into Substance Painter.

The Low poly Is what can be expected, kept within the budget of the project at under 4000 triangles and is basically the made model of the Project. It will be used as a base mesh in Substance Painter and then as the model in the Unreal engine.

A Wireframed version of the model so that it can be seen with all the lines and edges that form the shape of my Avengers stylised Helie Carrier as my Gateway for the project. This also helped when it came to the Hp model, as it allowed me to see where I need to add in more edge loops.

Having sorted out the Uv’s for the model, texturing in a checkered texture, allows for me to see if there are any seams and to make sure that the textures will work properly when it comes to Substance painter.

And a final look at the model but from a Hp model perspective. From my own eyes (and I do wear glasses) it can be hard to see any major difference between the Lp model and the Hp model but I would say that I can see a few edges that now look more smoothed and less sharp than before the Hp model.

Model Uv's

And actually, lastly, my Uv’s for my model. Now it took some time to sort out as there were a lot of smaller pieces in the Uv’s. In the end, I thought my Uv’s looked smart, sorted and tidy compared to how they began.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s